Pages


Ramadan Kareeem!

I know it's almost the 18th of Ramadan and I am dead late but GrannyK was here,so got a l'il busy -_-
Ok for those who don't know whats Ramadan, its the month of fasting , where Muslims , who are sane adults ( reached puberty)  nor eat or drink from sunrise-sunset. (For us I guess the time interval is 16 hours :o) It's done so,that we people realise how the poorer community lives and also to practise self-control and self-discipline.
In this month,all pray the same 5 prayers,but the rewards are multiplied and also we have the Tarawih- the night prayers which are held in congregation.
You must wondering then why do poor people fast as well,that's because every person should realise that they have to be grateful for what they have,even if it's very less.As the recitation of the Quran is increased,and also you abstain from foul behaviour,the soul is purified :)
No,it has no adverse effect on ones health,but I feel like I am so much better :)

So the special food:

For Sehri(the meal before sunrise):
Parathas so many different types :p ( fried? flat bread) and some curry,yogurt, Laban.It sounds heavy but I like it.

For Iftari (meal after sunset):
Pakodas (fritters),Samosas,Spring Rolls obviously Fruit Chaat to replenish you, Juices,Channa Chaat,and obviously we break/open our fast with Dates

This is definitely not a Scholastic article,better refer to those who are much more well-versed :)
And for those freaks who think fasting is not good for skin , I have no words for you guys ,except these :Have a bowl of Fruit Chaat and some juices and and glass of water.You'll have more than enough nutrients than you could possibly have  in a year :p
I did this so I could enlighten you as to why am I so busy.you see there's a lot of cutting and frying and dish washing involved but an  Iftar Party outfit of the day will be coming soon :)

PS: I made the graphic myself, I know it's not that good but that's what I could come up with in 10 minutes :O

0 comments:

Post a Comment